Reports to: Chief Experience Officer
Wealth Access is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our clients.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include proactively diagnosing and troubleshooting software issues, resolving network issues, performing data reconciliation, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will be a person our client’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and identify solutions to software issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits and service level objectives
- Ask clients targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal team members
- Ensure all issues are properly logged into Jira
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain positive relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile applications/devices, other tech products, and financial data structures
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with Jira/Kanban/Agile work environments
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Professional experience in the financial services industry a plus
- Technical/Desktop Support or IT Help Desk Technician: 3 years
- Financial services: 2 years
To apply, click the button below and send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with the job title as message subject.
ABOUT WEALTH ACCESS
Wealth Access is an innovative wealth management technology firm that provides reporting solutions for the high net worth advisor and investor community. Its proprietary and diagnostic cloud-based platform aggregates information from more than 20,000 financial services institutions and various holdings to deliver an aggregated view, allowing for better decision support in investments, tax planning, insurance and other complex situations faced by high net worth individuals. Founded by a former Merrill Lynch high net worth advisor, Wealth Access provides a complete platform for advisors to collaborate with other professionals and position themselves central to their clients’ lives. Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Wealth Access is backed by successful investors and notable wealth management technology platforms. For more information, please log on to https://www.wealthaccess.com.